Tina Dabi, an accomplished Indian civil servant, secured the top position in the prestigious UPSC exam at a young age. Born on November 9, 1993, she hails from Delhi. Graduating from Delhi’s Lady Shri Ram College, Tina pursued her IAS dream. Her diligence and determination led her to become the first Dalit woman to top the exam.
As a dynamic officer, she’s been associated with important roles in various states. Tina’s achievements inspire young aspirants, reflecting her commitment to public service and breaking barriers in India’s administrative landscape.
Tina Dabi’s personal life has drawn attention due to her remarkable achievements and unique journey. Born on November 9, 1993, in Bhopal, India, she gained nationwide fame by securing the first rank in the UPSC Civil Services Examination in 2016 at the age of 22.
Tina’s personal life became a topic of discussion when she married Athar Aamir Khan, the second-ranked candidate in the same UPSC examination, in 2018. Their interfaith marriage garnered both praise and criticism, highlighting societal perceptions and challenges.
Despite the spotlight, Tina remains dedicated to her administrative career, serving in various positions. Her accomplishments inspire young aspirants and reflect the changing dynamics of modern India.
Early Life and Background:
Tina Dabi was born on November 9, 1993, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. She spent her childhood and early years in Bhopal. Coming from an educated family, Tina’s parents emphasized the importance of education.
She completed her schooling from the Convent of Jesus and Mary School in New Delhi. Tina then pursued a degree in Political Science from Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) in Delhi University. Her exceptional academic performance laid the foundation for her future success.
Tina’s dedication to learning, along with her interest in social issues, set the stage for her remarkable journey into the civil services and her subsequent achievement of securing the top rank in the UPSC examination.
Tina Dabi’s UPSC journey is a testament to her determination, intelligence, and hard work. She appeared for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in 2015. At the young age of 22, Tina secured the first rank in this highly competitive exam, becoming an IAS officer.
Her success story garnered widespread attention, as she not only topped the exam but also became the first Dalit woman to achieve this feat. Tina’s achievement was celebrated for breaking barriers and inspiring young aspirants, particularly those from marginalized backgrounds.
Tina’s journey demonstrated her dedication to public service and her ability to excel in a challenging and demanding examination process. Her achievement continues to inspire and motivate countless individuals aspiring to make a positive impact through civil services.
She held the belief that her mother chose to retire from her job because of Tina, ensuring an environment conducive to peaceful studying. Several online sources assert that Tina adhered to a similar schedule during that time.
|7:00 AM||Wake up and Freshen Up|
|7:30 AM||Newspaper reading Time|
|9:00 AM-12:00 AM||Slot 1 studies ( 3HRS)|
|12:00 AM -1:00 PM||Current Affairs Revision ( 1hr)|
|1:00PM- 2:00 PM||LUNCHTIME|
|2:00PM-3:00 PM||Leisure Time|
|3:00 PM- 5:00PM||Slot 2 of studies (2hr)|
|5:00PM- 8:00PM||Revision of Topics(3hrs)|
|8:00PM- 9:00PM||DINNER TIME|
|9:00PM- 11:00PM||SLOT 3 OF STUDIES (2HRS)|
|11:00PM- 12:00PM||SOCIAL MEDIA|
|Subjects||Marks Obtained||Maximum Marks|
|GS first paper||119||250|
|GS second paper||84||250|
|GS third paper||111||250|
|GS fourth paper||110||250|
|Political Science first||128||250|
|Political Science second||171||250|
Tina Dabi’s personal affairs have been a subject of interest and discussion, particularly her marriage. In 2018, she married Athar Aamir Khan, the second-ranked candidate in the same UPSC Civil Services Examination that she topped. Their marriage, an interfaith union, sparked conversations about societal dynamics and personal choices.
Tina and Athar’s relationship gained attention due to their academic accomplishments and shared journey in the civil services field. Their marriage exemplified breaking barriers and challenging societal norms. While their personal affairs have been a topic of public interest, Tina continues to focus on her administrative career and aspirations.
Tina Dabi’s present husband is Pradeep Gawande. They got married in 2021.
- Schooling: Convent of Jesus and Marry, New Delhi
- College: Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Educational Attainment: Pursued P.R. with a major in Political Science (Economics) – Achieved 81.5%
- Coaching: Completed one year of coaching
- Academic Performance: Achieved 90.2% in 10th and 91.4% in 12th grades
- Preferred Services: IAS > IPS > IFS > IRS (IT) > IRS (CE)
- UPSC CSE Result: Secured Rank 1 in the UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Attempt: Achieved success on the first attempt
- Examination Details: Roll Number – 0256747
- Religion: Hinduism (with several family members practicing Buddhism)
- Caste: Scheduled Caste (S.C. – Kamble)
- Interests: Enjoys painting, traveling, and reading
- “Revelations of a Fading Mind: The Unwavering Conviction of Atheism” by Haulianlal Guite
- “The Da Vinci Code” authored by Dan Brown
- “Twilight” written by Stephenie Meyer
- “Artemis Fowl” penned by Eoin Colfer
- “Harry Potter” series crafted by J.K. Rowling
- Esteemed Novelist: Jane Austen
- Romantic Involvement: Athar Aamir Khan (Indian Administrative Service)
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Marriage Dates: April 7, 2018 (Religious ceremony in Pahalgam Club, Kashmir), March 20, 2018 (Court marriage in Jaipur, Rajasthan)
- Monthly Earnings: ?56100 plus Government allowances (as Junior IAS officer)
Study Materials for UPSC Preparation:
- Polity: Laxmikanth
- Ancient History: Old NCERT Class 11th
- Medieval History: Old NCERT
- Modern History: “Modern Spectrum,” a selection from Old NCERT Class 12 (pre-1857)
- Culture: Nitin Singhania, CCRT/NIOS selectively, Mrunal Videos
- Environment: Shankar IAS, Old Biology Class 12 Ecology Unit
- Economics: Macroeconomics Class 12 NCERT, Sriram Printed Notes, Mrunal Videos
- Geography: Class 11th and 12th NCERT, selective Class 6 to 10th NCERT chapters, Biomes chapter from G C Leong, Mrunal Videos
- Science: NCERT 6th to 10th (mainly 9th and 10th), selective chapters from 11th and 12th as advised by Mrunal, Vajiram Yellow books for PCB
- Test Series: InsightsonIndia paper for its questions, Arihant book for question bank
- Current Affairs: Monthly Magazines, InsightsonIndia, Monthly magazines